Wednesday, August 7, 2013

40 & Fabulously Blessed..





This year I turned 40 and people keep telling me that there's is no way that I am 40 and I ask them why would I lie about being older..LOL. Then they ask me how do you look so young , I usually get 32 and the youngest I got was 22 and WOW that made me feel great..Well I want to share with you  some of the beauty secrets that I use and how I keep myself looking and feeling so youthful.

Well I want to start on the mental part of it and believe it or not your thought process has a great deal to do with how old you feel and look. My main thing that I do is love the lord and have faith, I believe that if you have faith and love the lord with all your heart and soul and try your best to live right and do right by him that you will be blessed with amazing blessings. I believe that the blessing that he has bestowed upon me are me looking and feeling youthful. I also try to stay positive and not stress about situations I truly have no control over, and I always have faith  that God is going to bring me through it, because I see it this way if he got me out of almost being homeless and loosing some material things that I thought were important then I know he will get me out of any other situation. 

Now for my beauty regimen and here it goes, All I do is MOISTURIZE, and that is everyday. I make sure that I choose a moisturizer that has vitamin E in it. If you want you can also buy vitamin E cables and squeeze the liquid from the capsules into any moisturizer you use or just use the capsules itself. There is also this technique that is pretty good that should be done maybe once every other week. I saw it done in the movie mommy dearest years ago and I decided to try it and I have to say it works. Start off with a clean face , (I usually use a face wash that doubles as a facial scrub that can be used everyday I use Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Facial Wash & Scrub. It will leave your skin with a healthy glow and clear up any blemishes you may have).  Once your face is clean fill the sink with HOT water, cover your head with a towel and lean over the steam for about 5 minutes or until your face starts to sweat. You can also put some hot water in a basin and add some fresh herbs such as mint and lavender, After you're done the steam treatment you this rinse your face with cold water and the finishing touch is to ICE your face..LOL yes I said Ice your face! Get a bowl full of ice or fill the sink with Ice and then take a hand full and apply it to your face just like your rinsing your face and do this at least 2 or 3 times then towel blot your face and finish with a light moisturizer. You are now feeling refreshed and beautiful.

Another thing I do everyday is walk! I walk mostly everywhere I have to go and that's mainly because I am a New Yorker in Atlanta and I don't drive. I believe walking has kept me at my current weight and it keeps me healthy. I think that every woman can look good for her age she just has to work on it and take very good care of herself. 40 does not meant that I'm old and it's over I believe that it means that I am ripe and about to reach my peak and I say Bring It On because I am ready for whatever God has in store for me. I am TRULY BLESSED!!!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Ms. Athena, I really would enjoy some networking tip and also tips on how to better my career. Basically I'm asking that you be my mentor. I believe that I can learn numerous things from you.

    Thanks!

    Latahjab@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete